Allikas: Minority Translate
Main page | Why use it? | Features | Video tutorials | Workflow | Languages | Development | Download | Text corpus | Text processing | Contact
Language: Eesti | English | Русский
- Minority Translate is a tool for quick content creation in Wikipedia through an interface for rapid translation from articles in other languages. It is primarily designed to assist smaller language Wikipedias, where such bulk translation may significantly ease in gaining an initial foothold or expanding its base in particular categories (e.g. history, geography etc). The interface also allows the user to fill the gaps within particular categories in larger Wikipedias.
- The tool optionally gathers information about the translation process. This information can be a resource for descriptive studies or language technology. Read more about the collected data here.
- MT simplifies the creation of new articles with a number of features designed for various styles and aims of use:
- A simple and intuitive interface to allow you to focus on the task at hand - translation and article creation!
- Multiple source languages can be used simultaneously to help the writer.
- Support for Wikipedia Incubator language editions.
- Colored text to simplify reading and writing wikisyntax.
- In-text autocomplete
- Dictionary support and built-in spell check using Hunspell
- Special symbol support
- The user interface is compact and can quickly be translated in your language
- Ways to guide and organize your own translations and the development of the wikipedia int activities
- Downloading articles by category, topic or suggestion list to use on translation (up to thousands of articles at a time).
- Easily customizable [recommendation lists] to guide the development of the wikipedia
- Session tagging for classroom use
- Off-line support for most operations
- Automatization of many small tasks on Wikipedia translation
- Added links to Wikidata while uploading article
- Added edit summary on the translation.
- Translation memory, especially good for translating templates
- Data collection to build electronic language resources for small languages for common use
- Collected data is annotated according to the language skills specified by the user
- Data includes the languages used for source and target of the translation to study translation practices
- The edit data is stored with the time-stamp when the article is marked for upload allowing translation initiatives to be studied also offline.
- The corpus is available and made easy to access for all interested researchers
- Additional features to simplify the process
- Snippets for more powerful copypaste
- Pull function and Wikidata based link translation and autocomplete functionality for link checking
- Plugins for advanced editing (like different spellers and automatic translation applications)
- Minority Translate only does its task when it can be used in any of the languages used in translation. We have prepared a small interface for anyone to translate the interface to their language. More information is available in the section for localization
- While we have aimed to make the program as easy and intuitive to use as possible, it may still be worth to have a quick look at the manual page to find all the handy features (like text processing) and keyboard shortcuts built into the program.
- If you have any questions, problems, or recommendations about the program, feel free to contact us.
- If you are interested in the project and developing minor language wikipedias, let us know and get involved. We can use help with development, organization, dissemination, and generally thinking about how to make it work. It is a common goal after all!